Innovation Training - Creativity Course for Logical Thinkers......and anyone else who needs to maximise innovative thinking and creativity
The starting point for this popular creativity course is 'how to be creative'. The importance of innovation training is well recognised, but creativity at work doesn't occur only by chance. Learning how to be more creative involves understanding the creative process and how to use and apply techniques which develop new perspectives, generate new ideas and solve practical problems.
This is why training in creativity is essential for organisations that need to achieve and maintain a competitive edge. Knowing how to generate new ideas consistently and inject new thinking, will benefit the development of any organisation - creativity isn't just relevant; it's essential.
The Creativity Course for Logical Thinkers develops fresh thinking and new ideas with hands on creative thinking tools and techniques. It provides a unique introduction to how the creative process works and an understanding of how ideas are generated by using creative thinking techniques effectively. In other words, innovation training that works! It includes a number of creative thinking exercises that enable you to generate a good quantity of quality 'new' ideas - and the required harvesting techniques - so that the best solutions may be captured and selected.
The creativity workshop is based on real life examples. We also encourage organisations and individuals to bring along their own examples, so that they can be tackled on the course with a broad range of practical creative and lateral thinking techniques - all relevant in the workplace.
Creativity for Logical Thinkers will maximise the return on your innovation training investment, by combining creative thinking skills training with the opportunity for team building.
- Enhance problem solving skills.
- Augment strong logical and analytical thinking with techniques to improve creative thinking.
- Individual coaching by the course facilitator on how to use the techniques in the workplace - individually and when running your own creativity sessions with others.
- Confidence booster - being able to have faith in your own ideas so they are easily expressed.
- Learn how Mind Maps can be used to extract 'innovative' concepts and multiply the number of ideas you generate.
- Gain a number of proven practical tools to support creativity and problem solving in the workplace.
- Improve team working, enhance motivation and provide greater job satisfaction.
“Very useful - particularly in management of teams and aiding creative stimulation.” Lead Buying Manager, Major UK Retailer
Anyone who needs to think creatively or look at a problem from different perspectives - the course has been used for all levels of personnel within an organisation. It is perfect to fill identified gaps in development programmes or to bring a team or group up to speed with creative thinking.
We've found the main reasons for people to attend are the following:
- To address challenges that cannot be addressed by conventional thinking alone.
- To improve creative thinking - unleashing personal creativity and that of others.
- To augment strong logical and analytical thinking skills with the ability to think creatively.
- To add to existing management, leadership or graduate development programmes.
“The course was brilliantly delivered. The tutor had vast knowledge of the subject which always helps, also to get tips for reference after the course. The methods taught has helped me a lot in terms of looking at things/situations differently and applying techniques that helps to reach solutions in ways that I wouldn't look at before. So, from my point of view it was a very helpful course.” Major Worldwide Charity
Comprehensive 1 day in-house course or public workshop or 2 day in-house course
The emphasis is on learning creativity techniques that have practical applications, with a clear understanding of how the creative process works.
- The need for fresh thinking - Learn why it is essential for individuals and organisations to be more creative. Understand what type of thinker you are so you can develop your own personal creativity and help others access theirs.
- The creative process - Discover why creativity is so important in today's competitive industry and understand how to develop your ideas by using Illumine's creative process model.
- Creativity techniques - Learn a range of practical and easy to use techniques for idea generating, problem solving and evaluation. You will gather a tool box that includes Mind Mapping, an introduction to de Bono's Six Thinking Hats®, situation/solution reversal, SCAMMPERR, analogies and other thinking and creativity approaches that are proven to revolutionise, save time, money and reach decisions quickly.
- Running sessions and harvesting ideas - Discover how to gain the confidence to facilitate your own creativity sessions, making sure that all the ideas in your organisation are generated, captured and effectively evaluated.
Creativity for Logical Thinkers can be tailored to meet your very specific requirements. Take a look at our Creativity in Business page to see a discussion of the options for building a tailored creativity course.
Many training companies only provide post course support in the form of course notes. Once you've attended this course we won't forget you - we provide you with EXCLUSIVE and FREE post course areas on our website to remind you of what you've learnt. Our creativity post course area contains helpful videos, downloads, checklists, hints and tips. Find out more about our post course areas here.
If you are new to Illumine Training, you may want to find out more about our approach and what makes Illumine different.