Lateral Thinking™ Course
Are you faced with fast changing trends and fierce competition? Do you need to work miracles despite tight budgets? Sound familiar? Then you need to think more laterally - i.e. you need Lateral Thinking.
Edward de Bono's Lateral Thinking™ programme delivers the classic “out of the box” thinking which most organisations expect from their management these days.
Lateral Thinking seeks a solution to a stubborn problem through unorthodox methods that would normally be ignored by logical thinking. This programme is more process-orientated than the other creativity programmes we offer. Edward de Bono divides thinking into two methods:
- Vertical thinking – using logical thought processes
- Lateral thinking – disrupting logical thought and arriving at the solution from another angle
Benefits of this course
- Develop better idea generation and problem solving skills.
- A valuable aid to strategic planning and process review.
- Out-manoeuvre the competition and gain competitive advantage by being more innovative.
- Use your ideas to get immediate results when attacking problems.
- Constructively challenge current thinking.
- Convert problems into opportunities.
Who should attend?
Those seeking to review their organisation’s strategy and competitiveness.
Those responsible for radically improving operational processes and procedures.
Those who prefer a more process-oriented approach to problem solving.
Comprehensive 1 day
Delivered by one of Illumine’s certified de Bono trainers, the Lateral Thinking workshop will show you how to think ‘out of the box’ to arrive at innovative solutions that are relevant and timely for your organisation. It also includes the following concepts:
- Alternatives – develop alternative ideas from the ideas you already have.
- Focus – define your focus and stick to it. The attitude of focusing on matters that are not problem areas.
- Challenge – breaking free from the limits of the accepted ways of thinking. Explore the way we do things and seek alternatives.
- Random entry – use completely random ideas to open up new lines of thinking.
- Provocation & Movement – explore how perceptions limit creativity and how to challenge those limitations.
Many training companies only provide post course support in the form of course notes. Once you've attended this course we won't forget you - we provide you with EXCLUSIVE and FREE post course areas on our website to remind you of what you've learnt. Find out more about our post course areas here.
If you are new to Illumine Training, you may want to find out more about our approach and what makes Illumine different.