Six Thinking Hats® from Edward De BonoCollaborative thinking for more productive meetings
Six Thinking Hats is the proven technique from Edward de Bono, the creative thinking guru. Variously referred to as 6 hats or 'the six hats of thinking', the course focuses on enhancing the structure of thinking so that group decision making and idea evaluation can be dramatically improved.
The Six Hats approach is surprisingly simple and profoundly effective. It facilitates deeper and quicker group and individual working and this de bono certified programme is geared towards more effective group dynamics.
The Six Thinking Hats® programme uses techniques from Edward de Bono’s landmark book 'Six Thinking Hats'. The programme teaches a surprisingly simple and proven technique that provides everyone with a format for harnessing enthusiasm, creativity, fact-finding and assessment. This makes every meeting, discussion or decision faster, more focused and more productive. It is delivered by one of Illumine’s certified de Bono trainers.
Within one day we have learned valuable techniques on how to conduct meetings and effectively solve problems.
- Revolutionise group problem-solving, save time and reach decisions quickly.
- Become more objective when evaluating ideas.
- Bring positive change to an organisation in a simple way.
- Expand your thinking.
- Facilitate productive and effective meetings.
Anyone who wants to run or contribute to more productive meetings, discussions and workshops.
Board members or executive committee members who have to regularly evaluate proposals and make collective decisions.
Available as a public courses or a comprehensive 1 day in-house course
This is the official Six Thinking Hats training course. Powerful and 'hands-on' it is structured to help you break out of your 'thinking ruts' and develop shared thinking. You will leave confident in applying the de bono Thinking Hats in your own situations:
- The theory behind Six Thinking Hats.
- Understand and practice the principles of each hat on their own and in sequence.
- Apply what you have learnt using real examples.
- How to use 6 Hats both individually and in group exercises.
- How Six Thinking Hats are used in meetings – facilitate one or more meetings on your chosen topic(s).
- Learn how to sense when to choose which hat or sequences, to move your thinking forward.
- You will also learn how to more effectively generate new ideas, assess risk and benefits.
- Facilitate discussions on complex topics more effectively by targeting information that serves your needs.
Once you've attended the 6 hats course we will provide you with access to EXCLUSIVE and FREE post course areas on our website to remind you of what you've learnt. Find out more about our post course areas here.
We realise that taking a training course is not always the most acceptable option for you. Sometimes you may just be collecting information or refreshing your skills. That's why we've put together a range of free guides, overviews and other support materials. These materials are, of course, in addition to the extra support we offer our delegates through our post course learning areas.
Six Thinking Hats® is a registered mark of De Bono Thinking Systems
If you are new to Illumine Training, you may want to find out more about our approach and what makes Illumine different.