Stress ManagementStress training for more effectively managing both yourself and others
Why is stress management training necessary? Well, most jobs will have some pressure; this is what challenges you and gives you the stimulation to achieve job satisfaction. This sort of pressure is healthy and helps you do a better job. If this pressure is excessive and you feel inadequate or unable to cope, then this is stress.
Stress has a detrimental effect on our performance, it makes us behave inappropriately. In order to cope well at work we need the skills to learn how to respond well to these difficult situations.
This stress management workshop will give you the knowledge to recognise the symptoms and sources of stress and it will introduce you to different ways to manage stress which will benefit you, your colleagues and your organisation.
By the end of the programme delegates will be able to:
- Understand stress and recognise the symptoms in yourself and others.
- Have the awareness, knowledge and strategies to deal with stress more effectively.
- Recognise that circumstances, situations and stimulus can have varying results on you and others.
- Look at the impact of change and how, by a shift in mind set, results can be hugely affected.
- Create a personal vision and compelling goals to build personal success.
- Understand how what we eat, and how we relax impacts on levels of stress.
- Reveal the true meaning of assertive behaviour and learn skills to adopt these techniques and behaviours.
- Manage yourself in real time and look at stress in relation to performance.
- Those responsible for teams who are looking to develop techniques to manage stress effectively.
- Managers working in high-pressure environments looking to prevent stress becoming an issue.
- Teams who want to develop a balanced and stress-free culture and environment.
- Individuals where stress is affecting their performance and their personality.
Compact 1 day in-house course or comprehensive 2 day in-house course
- Defining stress - the difference between an adrenalin kick and stress.
- Thinking strategies - the brain and understanding methods to develop rational and constructive action and thinking.
- Mapping the causes and effects of stress - personal and workplace.
- Identifying physical and behavioural symptoms - recognising changes in self and others, evaluating your stress levels and dealing with stress positively.
- Personal strategies - identify errors in thinking, learn strategies for managing stress, neural reconditioning and developing a vision.
- Personal responses - to pressure and how to develop more positive ones.
- Health, relaxation and time out - use health, exercise and relaxation to control stress.
We offer Stress Management as a compact 1 day or a comprehensive 2 day course. In addition the 2 day stress training course offers a more indepth look at how you can manage stress and increase performance. The 2 day course also covers:
- More ways to manage difficult situations.
- Assertiveness - recognising the behaviours of assertion versus aggression.
- Self management - planning, organising, knowing your limits, prioritising and organising yourself and others.
If you are new to Illumine Training, you may want to find out more about our approach and what makes Illumine different.