Powerful Presentations - Public Speaking CoursePublic speaking training for professionals who need to present effectively
Powerful Presentations is the course on public speaking for professionals who need to build strong presentation skills. Some people - a few - are effortlessly good presenters, with no need for a course in public speaking. For the rest of us, formal presentations are challenging and stressful. But they don't need to be!
This hands on, practical presentation training course will show you the secrets to becoming confident when speaking in public - developing skills which you will be able to use throughout your career...and your life.
You will learn simple but powerful techniques which will allow you to develop and use your own style and personality to deliver compelling messages to small and large audiences.
The purpose of this public speaking course is to develop your skills as a confident and powerful presenter, able to develop and sustain audience rapport by:
Understanding your audience
Develop your ability to sustain audience rapport and use the skills required to communicate in a memorable influential manner. Your audience will be judging you on how competently you deliver your message, not just on the message itself.
Confidence and delivery
You will learn simple and effective techniques to manage your state of mind and build your confidence when speaking in public.
Structuring your presentation
A good presentation needs to be memorable, impactful and meaningful, learning how to structure your presentation can achieve this.
Becoming a master presenter is an ongoing learning process. The course has an effective system of feedback which will enable you to develop your current skills and practise your presentation techniques.
Present with real clarity and impact whilst engaging your audience using your natural style and personality:
- Identify your personal fears and natural style and control nerves and channel energy in the right way.
- Make an impact through clarity of outcomes and powerful messaging.
- Engage with your audience prior, during and after your presentation.
- Reduce preparation time significantly by using mind maps to plan and remember the key points you must get across.
- Learn to use visual aids to support your presentation and not be your presentation.
- Gain insights in how to deal with difficult members of your audience and those tricky questions we all dread!
- Develop skills to involve your audience and keep the pace and structure.
- Deliver a truly powerful presentation which is recorded and yours to take away.
- Receive open and honest feedback from your team and coach.
Anyone who is faced with delivering presentations either regularly or occasionally and would like to build their confidence when speaking in public and develop their skills to a point where they can present with clarity and impact.
Compact 1 day or comprehensive 2 day in-house course
- Mind set and delivery - understand your style; get the right mind set; inject enthusiasm; and passion.
- Understand your audience - Make your message clear and impactful; identify potential opportunities and risks.
- Define your message - Are you informing, persuading or appealing? Sell the benefits not the features of your idea, concept or product; know your outcome and stick to it.
- Prepare a well structured presentation - Agree your key points; define a manageable structure; and use mind maps for remembering and planning your key points.
- Bring your presentation to life - inject energy; use visual aids; and audience participation.
- Take Control - Embrace tricky questions; deal with difficult audience members; and remain focused.
- Group discussion and feedback - based upon you actually delivering a presentation, other attendees and the trainer will provide practical feedback for each delegate to take away.
In addition, the two day course helps you to present with real clarity and impact whilst engaging your audience using your natural style and personality:
- Add impact - through clarity of outcomes and powerful messaging.
- Use visual aids - to support your presentation... and not be your presentation.
- Difficult audiences and tricky questions - gain insights in how to deal with difficult members of your audience and those tricky questions we all dread.
- Powerful presentations - deliver a truly powerful presentation which is recorded and yours to take away.
The 1 day session will ensure attendees discover the best ways to deliver a great presentation including a practical activity of delivering a presentation for collective feedback.
The two day powerful presentations training course is highly practical and focused on seeing real behavioural change, specifically to support those who are new to or lack confidence in speaking in public.
If you are new to Illumine Training, you may want to find out more about our approach and what makes Illumine different.