Facts and Figures
- Absence costs British Industry over £10 billion per year (CBI Absence Survey data)
- A loss of around 192 million working days
- 3% working time lost
- Average of 7 days per employee in absence
- In an Industrial Society survey 9 out of 10 workplaces are affected by excessive stress
- Main causes of absence is from stress and back problems
– affects 1 in 5 employees
– work-related stress cost employers nearly £400 million and society around £4 billion each year
- Stress may lead to absence, reduced productivity, increased turnover, poor staff morale
Stress Relieving Foods
Certain foods can have a stress effect on the body exacerbated by the fast pace of modern life. This can increase acid production which leads to heartburn, stomach cramps and tiredness. To aim for a healthier balance, eat more alkaline- based foods, eat regularly, never skip meals and drink plenty of water.
- Broccoli and green leafy vegetables – high in magnesium which soothes the nervous system
- Banana’s, spinach and parsley contain potassium which helps conduct nerve impulses and keeps the brains neurotransmitters working well
- Potatoes can soothe the nervous system and help neutralise body acids.
To discover just how illumine Training can benefit you or your organisation, please call +44 (0) 1753 866 758