How and when to use different thinking approaches for maximum effect – a practical toolkit for effective critical thinking…
What need does the course address?
The structured and critical thinking course provides a tool kit for tackling challenging situations systematically, thinking them through and swiftly considering all options. The structured and critical thinking skills will provide fresh insights and a better understanding of problems or challenges, making you better equipped to deal with them more effectively.
Key Outcomes and Benefits
- Tools and techniques – that improve thinking skills.
- Enhanced problem solving skills.
- Knowing how to think effectively in different situations.
Structured & Critical Thinking Course Overview
Compact 1 day course – half day option also available
The importance of structured and critical thinking training
- Gain absolute clarity on what structured thinking is and why it’s important.
- Challenge habitual thinking patterns.
- Develop new patterns of thinking.
Understanding a challenge
- Identify a problem and understand its root causes.
- Explore the problem fully using visual thinking tools which address any questions that arise and help to search for answers.
Consider the challenge from the different perspectives where:
- All stakeholders’ positions are considered.
- The entire environment within which a business operates is considered.
Using questions to search for answers
Questioning techniques that will:
- Help to broaden thinking skills.
- Find solutions to a challenge.
- Explore the application of the tools and techniques.
- Bring the learning to life and make it practical.
- Enhance the confidence to use the learning back in the work place.
We are always happy to tailor courses and combine modules from different programmes. We do whatever it takes to ensure that your course does exactly what you need it to.