What need does the course address?
Improving time management is not just about learning to say ‘no’. It’s about allowing your people to develop a range of practical strategies and options to build a realistic action plan. Refreshingly fast paced and unlike other courses, it avoids the trap of presenting a ‘one size fits all’ approach to managing time, recognising that we all work in different ways and that therefore different approaches work best for different people.
This course is of benefit to anyone who is expected to manage high workloads and changing priorities, effectively. Provided that there is a degree of autonomy in how individuals organise their work, and they are prepared to take control of those elements that are within their remit, they will find this course invaluable.
Key Outcomes and Benefits
Improving time management is a core skill for anyone wishing to work efficiently and establish good habits. Implementing an action plan will help to reduce stress and enhance productivity, and:
- Gain control of the day and tasks – reducing stress.
- Understand when you work best – increasing your effectiveness.
- Manage priorities and workloads – improving productivity, meeting and achieving goals.
- Stay healthy – in mind and body, even when under pressure.
- Develop a range of practical and usable tools and techniques – to help you to manage your time more efficiently.
Half day in-house course for groups and teams
- You – understand yourself, your body clock, when you work at your best and focus on your greatest opportunities.
- The key components of improving time management – map these to your attitude to time management and your organisational culture.
- Time traps and interruptions – avoid them by understanding and modifying attitudes and habits, managing your workload and procrastination.
- Prioritise and organise to maximise time – set personal goals and use effective planning skills and techniques like ‘Task versus value’ and ‘Urgent and Important’ (Stephen Covey First things first).
- Manage and organise – understand the principles of planning and delegation to utilise all of the resources available to be more efficient and effective.
- Command personal energy levels – think about your health and wealth to manage and reduce stress levels.
- Useful tools and techniques – learn useful timesaving tools and techniques.
An option to build a tailored course to improve time management…
The course described here is a focused half day workshop, recognising that for many people who are short of time in their working day, taking longer than half a day is a real challenge. However, the course is necessarily rapid and we recognise that in order to meet specific needs, you may wish to explore some elements in more detail by tailoring and extending the course.
Please talk to us about your ideas and your specific challenges so that we can put together a solution that is right for you. Here are a few ideas based on what some of our clients have done in the past:
Mind Mapping – Spend more time on learning how to use Mind Maps® so that this versatile skill can be used for a wide range of tasks. There is also the option for delegates to complete a Mind Mapping e-learning module prior to the course.
Speed Reading – Where some of the pressures on time come from too much to read, spending time on learning how to speed read can be invaluable.
Cognitive Behavioural Methods – Some of the techniques explored on this course are based on cognitive behavioural methods, challenging and changing existing ways of responding to the things that are affecting our working lives. In some cases, particularly where resulting stress levels are excessive, it is useful to extend this aspect of the course.
Managing Personal Energy Levels – On this course, we cover some of the basics of food, drink, exercise and relaxation – and how they affect our energy levels, and therefore our effectiveness at work. These are wide subjects, and some organisations find it beneficial to explore them in more detail or run a follow up course.
We are always happy to tailor courses and combine modules from different programmes. We do whatever it takes to ensure that your course does exactly what you need it to.