Deal with information overload, understand more and learn to learn with this great selection of courses...
Read faster, understand better AND remember more
The UK’s leading provider of Mind Mapping training since 1996 – focus on technique that maximises value from this great technique
Learn how to read faster and discover the secrets to building a powerful memory
Memory principles, rhythms and techniques to build the memory skills you’ve always wanted
Getting the most from mind maps in teaching and learning
The keys to learning effectively – and how to incorporate them in your training
90 minute bite-size learning experiences that motivate and inform
The Importance of Learning to Learn
Information overload is a challenge for every business professional. The volume of information available to us these days is overwhelming. Being able to assimilate it, remember it, understand more, use it effectively and ‘do more with less’ time and resources, is a growing challenge for all of us. Learning to learn is essential. …the general causes of information overload include:
- Rapidly increasing rates of new information being produced (more people writing articles, producing white papers, writing emails, etc).
- More ways to distribute and duplicate information (business press article also published on multiple websites with excerpts in partner e-newsletters, etc).
- Increased number of information channels (business press, national press, internet, intranet, email, direct mail, etc).
- Large amounts of historical information available (old reports, old campaigns, filed brochures, recommended books, etc).
- Content inaccuracies (typos and grammatical errors changing the meaning, fuelling the reader’s desire to find accurate evidence).
- Contradictions in copy when trying to compare information.
- Distractions (more information, colleagues, telephones, personal situations, etc).
- Insufficient knowledge of the tools and techniques available to combat information overload (Mind Mapping, Speed Reading and Memory Techniques).
Check out the courses above to discover the course that best suits your needs. Or complete the form on the right to contact our friendly and professional team to discuss your requirements.