Learn tools to help you to contribute to, or manage, projects successfully…
What is this course about?
For a project to succeed it is essential to have clarity on your outcome, have a deep understanding of the processes involved in achieving it, and have techniques that enable you to anticipate future challenges and prepare for them.
This course will generate awareness of current thinking styles, and provide fresh insights and new ideas for planning projects and for successful project management.
The course will:
- Enable you to gain clarity on all phases of projects, including identifying obstacles and barriers to successful project management – and how to overcome them.
- Identify current thinking styles and preferences and provide specific techniques to enhance project planning, communication, problem-solving and outcomes.
- Enhance understanding of the perspectives of all stakeholders involved in the project and help you to contribute to and run projects more effectively.
- Develop greater self-awareness; understand current strengths and weaknesses.
- Better planning, management, facilitation and execution of projects.
- Enhanced identification of dependencies and potential pitfalls and improved related problem solving skills.
This course is NOT a PRINCE 2 style course that focuses on a particular methodology. It IS a course full of practical ways to improve the management of projects. Make an enquiry.
Benefits of the Practical Thinking for Project Success Course
- Develop greater self awareness, understand current strengths and weaknesses.
- Tools and techniques that improve thinking skills during all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Enhance project problem solving skills.
- Active learning, lots of opportunity to apply techniques and strengthen understanding.
1 day in-house that can be tailored to specific requirements
Clear thinking about projects
- Gain clarity on what a project is; outcome, design, implementation and evaluation.
- Reflect on the challenges that can affect project success.
Your current style of thinking
- Identify current thinking preferences.
- The importance of incorporating different styles of thinking when planning.
- Challenge habitual thinking patterns.
- Develop new, flexible patterns of thinking.
Outcomes and objective setting
- Explore the importance of getting really clear objectives.
- Evaluate underlying reasons behind a desired outcome.
Thinking tools for projects
Delegates will learn a variety of tools that will help to:
- Broaden thinking.
- Communicate at the right time to the right people.
- See the big picture and prioritise the detail.
- Identify milestones and problem areas in advance.
Strategies for overcoming challenges
- Tools to understand a problem more fully.
- Techniques that will help to find multiple solutions to overcome a challenge.
- Tools to speed up the decision making process and overcome conflict.
Delegates will identify projects to work on throughout the day and this will help:
- Explore the application of the tools and techniques.
- Bring the learning to life and make it practical.
- Enhance the confidence to use the learning back in the work place.
Who should attend?
Anyone whose job involves project planning, implementation and execution. It provides an essential toolkit for anyone looking for fresh insights and approaches to the planning process.
Managers as part of a management or leadership development programme.
Forthcoming open courses:
After the course – Your continued professional development
As part of our continued effort to help you make the most of your new skills we have a FREE website for past attendees. Here we provide additional resources to aid your learning.