Communication happens in many different ways and for many different purposes. We spend much of our lives communicating. And yet so much of our communication fails; either we misunderstand or are ourselves misunderstood. The reasons for communication being less effective than we would like are many and varied. However, some of the most common would include:
- a failure to create an effective rapport with the other person
- not picking up on the other person’s ‘non-verbal’ cues
- insufficient or inappropriate variation in our use of language and tone
- insufficient clarity as to the objective or desired outcome
- poor reading and interpreting of body language
- not using all of the senses
Using the principles of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) enables us to dramatically improve the quality and effectiveness of our communication. NLP use in training has been around for some years. Now we can all learn how to read body language better and improve our communication skills. Find out more about the unique Effective Communication with NLP course.