By the end of these two, 90 minute sessions you will:
- Be able to minimise performance issues by taking a proactive approach to performance management.
- Keep appraisals ‘alive’ throughout the year.
- Apply tools for ongoing ‘positive’ performance management.
- Feel confident having difficult performance conversations.
- Be able to give all types of feedback and handle the different responses.
About our Managing From Home workshops…
Having recognised that managing from home is a new experience for many people, we have devised a range of courses specifically focused on helping people in this situation to be more effective.
We still have our usual range of courses, all of which will be available as remotely delivered workshops. These are additional workshops aimed specifically at helping managers to manage from home more effectively.
If you don’t see the exact workshop you are looking for, contact us and we will be very happy to discuss your training needs with you.
This workshop comprises two, 90 minute modules:
Module 1 – A Proactive Approach
- What is performance management.
- How to take a positive approach.
- The link between appraisals and ongoing performance management.
- How to use SMART goals.
- Reviewing performance on going using 1-2-1 conversations.
Module 2 – Difficult Conversations
- Your feelings around performance conversations.
- Preparing yourself and reducing stress for the conversation.
- The 8 language guidelines of ‘difficult feedback’.
- Handling responses to feedback.