Develop the core skills and behaviours needed to supervise and manage yourself and others effectively…
What need does this supervisory skills course address?
This supervisory skills course is ideal for individuals who have been recently promoted to a supervisory role. It is focused on building knowledge and a range of skills and behaviours required to be an effective manager. It provides a grounding in the essential skills required to be able to communicate, motivate, build trust and supervise with confidence and authority.
Key Outcomes and Benefits
Learn the essential supervisory skills that will enable you to be an effective supervisor or team leader:
- Understand the role and purpose of a supervisor or manager.
- Define the core skills and behaviours required to supervise and lead teams effectively.
- Learn how to manage performance effectively through coaching and feedback.
- Develop skills and behaviours to communicate effectively and motivate your team.
- Set really SMART objectives.
Supervisor Training Overview
Two day programme where the content can be tailored to specific requirements
Because the specific needs of every organisation and their new supervisors are unique, this manager or supervisor training programme has been written in such a way that it can be easily tailored to meet any precise operational requirements. The following course content should therefore be regarded as indicative; please talk to us about your specific needs:
- Roles and responsibilities – understand the core purpose of a successful supervisor or manager.
- The core differences between manager and leader – identify with the skills and behaviours of a manager and a leader.
- Management and Supervisory styles – define the core management styles and the impact these have on performance and team dynamics.
- Effective communication skills – learn the art of effective listening and questioning and how to build rapport.
- Performance management – get to the heart of performance management principles – and how to apply them in a supervisory role.
- Energy and performance – connect energy levels and team climate to performance results.
- Planning and organising – organise yourself and others through effective planning and prioritising.
- Motivating others – inspire and motivate those around you to deliver exceptional results.
- Energy investment – assess current energy investment and agree the impact on individual and team performance.
- Delegation and empowerment – adopt techniques to enable the growth and development of your people through effective empowerment and delegation.
- Objective setting – learn how to set SMART goals and create a clear line of sight to the business objectives.
- Coaching and feedback – apply the GROW model and become a truly great coach – essential for any supervisor or team leader.
- Emotional intelligence – define the five elements of emotional intelligence and how to apply them.
- Understanding team dynamics – reveal the key behavioural preferences and adapt your style to that of others for the best results.
- Managing peak and poor performance – handle the expected and the unexpected and develop talent within your team.
- Development reviews – conduct effective development reviews to improve individual and overall performance.
- Effective team meetings – deliver motivational team meetings focused on a common goal.
We are always happy to tailor courses and combine modules from different programmes. We do whatever it takes to ensure that your course does exactly what you need it to.