Think on Your Feet® is the unique verbal communication skills course that enhances clarity, brevity & impact. Exceptional verbal communication skills for when you are put on the spot…
What is Think on Your Feet® all about?
- Being a great communicator when you don’t have time to prepare in advance.
- Structuring responses to questions and challenges – when you need those responses – usually NOW!
- Being able to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding with clarity, brevity and impact®.
A 30 second introduction – The Magic of Think on Your Feet…
The ability to think on your feet is the skill that marks us out as confident and in control. When we are put on the spot, training in delivering formal presentations, is not going to help us. This unique course, delivered by licensed ‘Think on Your Feet®’ trainers, is the only programme that builds the skill of responding confidently ‘in the moment’ when there is little or no time to prepare.
Key Benefits of Think on Your Feet®
- Be more effective in meetings, one to ones, talking to colleagues and making presentations.
- Build your ability to focus on key issues, organise ideas, reduce preparation and response time.
- Handle awkward questions, confidently and effectively, knowing that you will never get ‘caught on the spot’ again.
This practical, intensive programme will dramatically improve your oral communication skills, enabling you to get your point across clearly, concisely, persuasively and memorably. Make an enquiry.
More Course Benefits
- Structure what you are thinking – develop a structure to use before you speak.
- Get your point and ideas across clearly and persuasively – create a lasting and memorable impression.
- Break down technical language – respond in a language that everyone can understand.
- Present with greater impact – deliver clear and straight to the point messages.
- Be more confident during any verbal communication – by structuring your ideas, you will find it much easier to communicate and never be caught on-the-spot again.
- Turn nervousness into energy – channel energy into the message rather than a ‘flight and fight’ response.
- Buy time to gather your thoughts when put on the spot – by using ‘bridging’ strategies.
- Handle objections positively – become more persuasive and lucid.
- Answer questions confidently and effectively – condense your thoughts into one coherent, impressive message.
- Deal with hostile situations and emotional issues – by delivering a clear, direct and persuasive message.
- Above all you’ll be able to get to the point – and be remembered!
“Builds confidence so that any question can be answered competently”, Regional Head, Large Government Body
Compact in-house 1 day course or Comprehensive 2 day (public/in-house)
The Think on Your Feet programme provides you with a number of plans proven to help you think fast, organise your thoughts and get to the point. In other words, on the spot training. There is ample opportunity to develop a practical knowledge through coaching and plenty of feedback.
At the end of the programme you will be able to assemble your thoughts and communicate them effectively during any spoken communication, including:
- How to achieve clarity – learn how to structure your ideas by understanding how to use both the left and right side of your brain. Discover how to simplify complex information, making even complicated technical topics easy for everyone to understand.
- The importance of brevity – learn how to condense your thoughts, get straight to the point and deliver a memorable message.
- Creating impact – discover how to become more persuasive by taking into account the listener and their interest and core concerns. Add memorable structure and examples to produce lasting impact.
“Think on Your Feet is very practical, highly applicable to day-to-day function, makes you concise and professional.” Search Media Strategist, Large Technology Corporate
Who Should Attend?
Who should attend the Think on Your Feet® course?
This programme will help anyone who needs to get their point across clearly, concisely, persuasively and memorably. If you do any of the following then this is the programme for you:
- Respond to questions of any sort.
- Handle objections.
- Feel nervous when communicating to one or many.
- Influence or persuade.
- Communicate technically to non-technical people (and need to respond in a language that everyone can understand).
- Carry out presentations.
- Public speaking (including media questioning).
- Need to demonstrate good leadership qualities.
- Attend/chair meetings.
- Conduct interviews.
- Hold ad-hoc discussions.
“Think on Your Feet has given me the tools to deal with those difficult situations where I have been put-on-the-spot and I am required to respond immediately.” Director, UK Limited Company
Forthcoming Public Courses
Forthcoming Public Courses
| 26/09/2018 - 27/09/2018|
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
| 2 day Think on Your Feet® Course |
etc Venues, Bonhill House, London
“Feeling better prepared when faced with a difficult/awkward/unexpected situation. Having a number of techniques available; I can choose what works for me.” Finance Manager, Housing Association
After the Course – Your Continued Professional Development
As part of our continued effort to help you make the most of your new skills we have a FREE website for past attendees. Here we provide additional resources to aid your learning, including: interesting and informative articles; helpful hints and tips and a chance to test yourself on how well you have learnt the techniques.