To get the most out of the course, delegates will need to be supported as they start to think and work differently. This page will help managers, coaches and mentors to provide that support.
Here you will find:
- Information about the course
- What to expect after someone has attended the course
- Suggestions to help you perform a useful review with the course participant
People will learn how to:
- Discover more about how learners learn.
- Apply the nine key principles of accelerated learning.
- Use a structured way of planning sessions to enhance the speed and effectiveness of learning.
- Keep energy, confidence and enthusiasm high in sessions and courses.
We run this course as a two day workshop. Here are the key aspects covered:
We introduce you to the brain and how to use and develop it.
Key Principles of Accelerated Learning
What accelerated learning is and how to use the nine key principles.
Whilst delegates use these tools, time is also spent on using memory aids to ensure new learning reaches long-term memory.
Appreciation of energy levels and how to improve energy flow in others when training.
An understanding of how music helps with learning.
How we learn
Some time is spent exploring how we learn new skills.
At the end of the course delegates are encouraged to think about how they are going to use what they have learnt. We emphasise that it is up to them to put the techniques and perspectives covered into good use.
Everyone attends the course for slightly different reasons but they will all have opportunities to use what they learn. Delegates are usually very keen to put their new skills into practice. A little well-directed support and encouragement by manager, coach or mentor can make a big difference. We hope the following notes will help you give that support:
|What to expect||What you can do (or not do)|
|They will want to use their new skills learnt on the course and apply them in their training.||Encourage them to use the techniques learnt and where possible ask to see the techniques being used and comment positively and constructively.|
|When using the techniques in designing and running sessions and courses, others attending may not be familiar with them.||Even if you are not familiar with the techniques learnt on this course, do encourage their use.|
Many managers like to follow up courses that their people have attended. The style and format of these reviews varies widely so here are some prompts for suggested discussion points:
- Action Plan – at the end of the course all delegates are encouraged to commit to specific actions to use and reinforce the things they’ve learnt. That action plan is a good start point for a review.
- Accelerated Learning Principles – are they being used in training?
- Coaching Others – have there been any opportunities to coach others in the use of the techniques or in any of the other things discussed or taught on the course?
- General – it will be worth going back to the original reasons for attending the course and also review the other notes in this section that describe the course and use them as a prompt for your discussion.