Read Faster, Understand Better, Remember More
What is this speed reading course about?
- Learn how to read faster, understand better and remember more.
- Master a process of reading that focuses on effectiveness – absorbing and maximising recall.
- Discover different approaches for different sorts of reading material.
The Effective Speed Reading course is not just about learning to speed read; it includes the unique INSEAK® approach to reading, exclusive to Illumine, which shows you exactly how to read – for information and knowledge – more effectively.
- Read much faster (typically x3) – saving valuable time and avoiding wasted effort.
- Enhanced confidence that you are as well-informed as you should be.
- Reduced stress – information overload is a major cause of stress for many people. You really can make it a thing of the past.
We’ve been teaching Effective Speed Reading courses to professionals since 1996 and as you would expect, are very confident that these skills, when taught by experienced specialists will treble your reading speed and save many, many hours and a great deal of frustration! Make an enquiry.
Benefits of this speed reading course
- Dramatically increase your reading speed – most people double and even treble their reading speed whilst maintaining comprehension. So if you spend 40% of your day reading, when you learn to speed read and just double your reading speed (without losing comprehension) you’ll save a day a week.
- Prioritise and save time – read what’s important and have more time to get on with your other work.
- Improve your efficiency and effectiveness – through greater comprehension and easier recall of information.
- Manage information more effectively – expand your knowledge base and make informed decisions.
- Slash time spent studying – condense reading and recall information more effectively in lectures, exams and assignments.
- Increase competence and confidence – build knowledge and understanding of any subject – and be able to recall it when you need it!
“Will never read a business book or report the same way anymore because of this course. Great. What a time saver.” Senior Commercial Manager – Large worldwide retailer
Speed Reading Course content
Compact half-day or Comprehensive 1 day
- Know you are improving – we test your reading speed at the start of the course and on completion so that you know you are improving.
- How the eye works – the mechanics of how the eye works in tandem with the brain.
- Assessment – assess your current reading speed and comprehension and watch it dramatically improve throughout the course.
- INSEAK® – an introduction to the Intelligent Strategy for Effective Acquisition of Knowledge developed by Illumine specifically to improve the effectiveness of reading.
- Environment – create the ideal environment for reading and establish different approaches for different reading material and objectives.
- Practice Techniques – how to continue to improve your reading speed after the workshop.
“You get lots of practice during the day, so you can see immediate improvements and therefore the benefits.” Personal Insurance Underwriter, Large Insurance Company
Your Choice of duration and training style
In-house Courses –
We offer the Effective Speed Reading course as a comprehensive 1 day or a compact ½ day* course (*½ day available in-house only). In addition the one day course offers:
- Understanding and overcoming obstacles – challenging the misconceptions about speed reading
- Memory and principles – understanding how your memory works
- INSEAK® – A more in-depth study of INSEAK® and how to use it for business advantage.
- Practice – more time for practice, coaching and feedback
This is not a sit and listen seminar style session. This Speed Reading course is a practical, instructor lead event that will ensure you leave with the techniques required to be able to speed read back at work. Attendee numbers are set at a maximum of 12 to ensure you get the best return for your investment and all the practical techniques you will require.
Who should attend?
- People whose work or study involves getting through a lot of reading material.
- Business professionals, at any level, experiencing information overload.
- Those who want to create more time for themselves.
- Elected members from government and council authorities who have a lot to read.
“This speed reading course is excellent – probably one of the most, if not the most significant management courses that I have ever attended. I recommended that every middle and senior manager attends this course.” Solicitor, Local Authority
Forthcoming open courses:
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
| 1 day Effective Speed Reading Course |
etc Venues, Bonhill House, London
Before and After the course
Before, during and after the speed reading course you can test your reading speed for FREE with our Speed Reading Challenge.
“This has given me the confidence not to be frightened by large wordy reports but to break them down into what I need and want to read.” WFD Advisor – London West LSC
As part of our continued effort to help you make the most of your new skills we have a FREE website for past attendees. Here we provide additional resources to aid your learning, including helpful hints and tips and reminders of what you have learnt.