Develop the core skills and behaviours needed to manage yourself and others effectively…
What is this course about?
- Aimed at individuals who have been recently promoted to a supervisor or line management role.
- Focused on building knowledge and a range of skills and behaviours required to be an effective manager.
- Suitable for supervisors and managers of teams or processes – a grounding in the essential skills required to be able to communicate, motivate, build trust and lead with confidence and authority.
- Develop the core skills and behaviours required to manage (self and others) effectively.
- Learn how to manage performance effectively through objective setting, coaching and feedback.
- Communicate effectively and motivate your team.
This course can be tailored to meet your specific needs and, where appropriate, combined with other courses in our portfolio. Do please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Benefits of this manager and supervisor training course
Learn the essential management skills that will enable you to be an effective team leader or manager:
- Understand the role and purpose of a manager.
- Define the core skills and behaviours required to manage teams effectively.
- Learn how to manage performance effectively through coaching and feedback.
- Develop skills and behaviours to communicate effectively and motivate your team.
- Set really SMART objectives.
Essential Management Skills Course Content
Two day programme where the content can be tailored to specific requirements
Because the specific need of every organisation and their new managers is unique, this manager or supervisor training programme has been written in such a way that it can be easily tailored to meet any precise operational requirements. The following course content should therefore be regarded as indicative; please talk to us about your specific needs:
- Roles and responsibilities – understand the core purpose of a successful manager.
- The core differences between manager and leader – identify with the skills and behaviours of a manager and a leader.
- Management styles – define the core management styles and the impact these have on performance and team dynamics.
- Effective communication skills – learn the art of effective listening and questioning and how to build rapport.
- Performance management – get to the heart of performance management principles.
- Energy and performance – connect energy levels and team climate to performance results.
- Planning and organising – organise yourself and others through effective planning and prioritising.
- Motivating others – inspire and motivate those around you to deliver exceptional results.
- Energy investment – assess current energy investment and agree the impact on individual and team performance.
- Delegation and empowerment – adopt techniques to enable the growth and development of your people through effective empowerment and delegation.
- Objective setting – learn how to set SMART goals and create a clear line of sight to the business objectives.
- Coaching and feedback – apply the GROW model and become a truly great coach.
- Emotional intelligence – define the five elements of emotional intelligence and how to apply them.
- Understanding team dynamics – reveal the key behavioural preferences and adapt your style to that of others for the best results.
- Managing peak and poor performance – handle the expected and the unexpected and develop talent within your team.
- Development reviews – conduct effective development reviews to improve individual and overall performance.
- Effective team meetings – deliver motivational team meetings focused on a common goal.
Who should attend?
Anyone in, or moving into, a team leader, supervisor or line manager position who has yet to receive training in how to manage effectively. Essential management skills for everyone who wants to learn how to manage themselves and others, effectively.
Forthcoming open courses:
After the course – Your continued professional development
As part of our continued effort to help you make the most of your new skills we have a FREE website for past attendees. Here we provide additional resources to aid your learning, including: interesting and informative articles; helpful hints and tips and a chance to test yourself on how well you have learnt these essential management techniques.