What need does the emotional intelligence training course address?
Emotional Intelligence – developing the ability to harness and manage emotions – has been identified as a key leadership skill. How people manage anger, stress or fear has an immediate impact on performance. Learning how to motivate yourself, manage stress and inspire those around you is crucial to personal success.
Ever since Daniel Goleman’s groundbreaking book on the subject, the challenge has been to persuade people at all levels of the importance of a high ‘EQ’ – and that it is something that can be improved. This emotional intelligence training course does exactly that with simple and practical models which can be put to immediate use.
This course is ideal for anyone who needs to be in full control of their emotions in order to fulfil their potential. The course is also for those managers responsible for ensuring that emotional intelligence becomes a characteristic of key (or all) managers in their organisation.
Key Outcomes and Benefits
- Relate more effectively with colleagues.
- Cope with obstacles, setbacks and disappointments more productively.
- Show others how to become more resilient and persistent in pursuing career success.
- Improve management and leadership through understanding the cause and effect of emotions.
Emotional Intelligence Course Overview
One day or half-day in house course for groups and teams
Introduction – what emotional intelligence is, how you regard yourself and how it can help you professionally.
Emotional Intelligence – the background to EI, understand your own emotions and those of others, how to motivate yourself and others and use emotions to your advantage.
Emotions in the workplace – the consequences of emotional workplaces, your expectations of others, impact on work relationships.
Physiology of emotion
We are always happy to tailor courses and combine modules from different programmes. We do whatever it takes to ensure that your course does exactly what you need it to.
The following articles feature aspects of emotional intelligence that may be of interest:
– Non-verbal anger cues – how do you stop showing your negative emotions?
– How do you remain calm in emotional situations?
– What is emotional intelligence?
– 5 ways to improve your emotional intelligence