Effective business relationship management builds successful businesses
What is this course about?
An organisation’s success depends on the ability of its people to co-operate, collaborate and work seamlessly, appearing to the world as a single entity. This can be a major challenge. Pressures of time and money, internal structures, geographical distance, differing KPI’s and more – all serve as blocks to effective business relationship management and productive collaboration.
This workshop, focuses on how to build trusted relationships with colleagues and other stakeholders that enhance an organisation’s relationship capital. You will start by understanding your own working style and how you come across so that you can build awareness of the impact it has on every working relationship. Identifying how to ensure you ‘walk a mile’ in someone else’s shoes so that you can truly get the best understanding of where they are coming from and what they hope or need to achieve.
Overview of the Effective Business Relationship Management course
- Building rapport, trustworthiness and understanding
- Increase self-awareness
- Identify and embrace different working styles and personalities
- Understand who your stakeholders are – and the best ways to influence them
- Develop presence
Benefits of this course
On the Effective Business Relationship Management course you will learn how to:
- Interact effectively with colleagues and stakeholders through a deep understanding of their needs and goals
- Identify strengths, weaknesses and opportunities in your work relationships
- Learn to flex your communication working style to handle any situation
- Develop key influencing skills
Comprehensive 1 day in-house course
We will look at how you identify and manage your stakeholders in relation to the potential impact they have on future opportunities for you – understand what they think of you and what you can do proactive manage each relationship
• Building self-awareness to build self confidence
• Understanding your stakeholders
• Credibility matrix – where do you sit now? What would your stakeholders say?
• How do you show curiosity?
• Building rapport
• Showing empathy
• Steps to becoming a trusted advisor
• Understanding and matching their style
• Now versus long term – getting both right
• Influencing skills and styles
Who should attend Effective Business Relationship Management?
Anyone who needs to build long-term. trust-based relationships. The programme is equally applicable for:
- People involved in client and stakeholder facing work
- Internal support functions whose effectiveness is dependent on the quality of the relationships they have with those they work with and support
As part of our continued effort to help you make the most of your new skills we have a FREE website for past attendees. Here we provide additional resources to aid your learning, including: interesting and informative articles; helpful hints and tips and a chance to test yourself on how well you have learnt the techniques.