Learn how to coach effectively – increase productivity, improve motivation and enhance results…
What need does the course address?
In today’s ever-changing business environment, knowing how to coach is probably the most effective way for managers and team members to develop skills and increase performance.
Many organisations now support a coaching culture; however it is only the most dedicated of managers who implement this effectively as part of their management style. This coaching course is about establishing a technique that enables us to get the best out of other people. It can provide empowerment and support in a wide variety of ways.
Key Outcomes and Benefits
Benefit from a deep understanding of how to coach effectively:
- Understand when a coaching approach will be appropriate and effective.
- Create the right environment for effective coaching – based on trust and credibility.
- Work collaboratively through building rapport and communicating effectively.
- Understand your organisational constraints and how to manage these to develop a culture of coaching.
- Understand the relationship between your natural leadership style and effective coaching.
- Set measurable objectives and link to the GROW model to offer a rounded approach to coaching.
- Recognise the importance of role modelling, and great communication skills.
- Deliver feedback to improve performance even when the going gets tough.
Comprehensive 1 day or compact half day
The one day coaching course offers a deeper level of understanding that looks at coaching and mentoring, and how to make sustainable change in the way you lead and manage your people. The half day coaching course is a more compact version that helps you to effectively coach and mentor to achieve greater results in productivity and motivation.
- Understanding coaching – what it is? The role of a great coach. The qualities and behaviours required to be successful.
- Creating a coaching environment – building coaching relationships; developing the right climate; building trust and maintaining confidentiality; communicating effectively and building rapport.
- GROW into coaching – ‘GROW’ a simple model to help define the objectives of the person you are coaching; set truly clear objectives; measure success.
- Practicalities of coaching – when to coach and when to direct; great questioning techniques.
- Feedback – deliver feedback positively with improvement in mind; monitor poor performance; managing conflict and challenges.
- Mentoring – the purpose and benefits of mentoring; developing your style.
We are always happy to tailor courses, combine modules from different programmes and do whatever it takes to ensure that we put together a course that does exactly what you need it to.