Practical idea generation & real-world creative thinking course for all types of thinkers who need to maximise innovative thinking and creativity…
What needs does the creative thinking course address?
This creative thinking course is a unique introduction to how the creative process works. It provides a clear understanding of how ideas are generated by using creative thinking techniques effectively. It is hands-on and interactive, led by specialist trainers in creativity. The trainer will use real examples to show that the techniques for generating and harvesting ideas work in the real world! The course is ideal:
- If you need to solve real world problems.
- For anyone who needs to make on-going improvements to how their team, department or organisation gets things done.
- If you need to understand the creative process and how to think and work more creatively.
See video introduction to the creative thinking course…
Key Outcomes and Benefits
New ideas – builds the ability to generate fresh thinking and new ideas.
Enhanced problem-solving – applied to real world (your!) problems.
Take charge of change – enables you to lead others in unleashing their creative potential.
Compact 1 day course – half day and 90 minute creativity workshops also available
The starting point for this popular creativity course is ‘how to be creative’. The importance of innovation training is well recognised, but creativity at work doesn’t occur only by chance. Learning how to be more creative, starts with an understanding of the creative process. This is followed by learning how to use and apply creative thinking techniques. These develop new perspectives, generate new ideas and solve practical problems.
Training in creativity is essential for organisations that need to achieve and maintain a competitive edge. Knowing how to generate new ideas consistently and inject new thinking, will benefit the development of any organisation. Creativity isn’t just relevant; it’s essential.
The emphasis in this workshop is on learning creativity techniques that have practical applications, with a clear understanding of how the creative process works.
- The need for fresh thinking – Learn why it is essential for individuals and organisations to be more creative. Understand what type of thinker you are so you can develop your own personal creativity and help others access theirs.
- The creative process – Discover why creativity is so important in today’s competitive industry and understand how to develop your ideas by using Illumine’s creative process model.
- Creativity techniques – Learn a range of practical and easy to use techniques for idea generating, problem solving and evaluation. You will gather a tool box that includes: Mind Mapping; an introduction to de Bono’s Six Thinking Hats®; situation/solution reversal, SCAMMPERR; analogies; and other thinking and creativity approaches that are proven to revolutionise, save time, money and reach decisions quickly.
- Running sessions and harvesting ideas – Discover how to gain the confidence to facilitate your own creativity sessions, making sure that all the ideas in your organisation are generated, captured and effectively evaluated.
We are always happy to tailor creativity courses and combine modules from different programmes. We do whatever it takes to ensure that your course does exactly what you need it to.