Effective problem solving training involves sharing a robust process and the right mindset
We are all faced with problems — solving them effectively is an essential skill. In this problem solving training course you will learn a systematic process for problem solving; understanding them, attacking them and resolving them. The programme gives an overall framework:
With the framework you will learn how to benefit from a range of simple but effective models that will help you to problem solve effectively.
The workshop introduces the unique ROSCAR™ step-by-step approach to problem solving.
Benefits of problem solving training
This programme brings a robust approach to bear on real business challenges that can be used in all sectors of business.
- Develop your problem solving skills – learn how to tackle any issue you are facing with a logical process.
- Focus on the right problem – examine problems BEFORE trying to solve them to ensure that effort is spent appropriately.
- Develop a range of options – learn different ways to develop and build viable options before selecting the ‘best’ one.
- Save time – by understanding how to attack each problem; never again spend hours labouring over one problem.
- Learn from your mistakes… and your successes – develop a process for active review so that you develop an approach to solving problems that works for YOU.
Who should attend?
Anyone and everyone who is required to solve problems effectively.
Comprehensive 1 day in-house course
ROSCAR™ is the step-by-step problem solving process, developed by Illumine to provide an accessible approach to problem solving:
- Is this the REAL problem – a lot of problem solving effort is wasted because it tries to solve the wrong problem. Taking the time to ensure the focus of your efforts is right is an essential first step.
- The desired OUTCOME – where do you want to get to? What will the ideal solution look like?
- SOURCING and generating options for solving the problem – where are the solutions and ideas going to come from? How will ideas be developed?
- Evaluating options and making CHOICES – establish a range of ways of evaluating and selecting the ‘best’ solution to your problem.
- Taking ACTION – deciding what action to take is important, but so is making sure that you have thought of everything before committing yourself.
- REVIEWING success and learning – problem solving should be a process that improves over time. Reviewing what has and hasn’t worked is an essential last step so that you can continually refine your approach to problem solving.
- Action Planning – a chance to think about the skills you have learnt and how to apply them in your own setting.
Need to add creative techniques?
This programme provides a robust framework that can be used to attack any and all problems. Creativity techniques can be used to compliment the framework introduced during this problem solving training. The most popular choices are our Creativity for Logical Thinkers and Generating Ideas programmes. The objectives of these programmes are to generate ideas, new perspectives and fresh thinking.
After you’ve attended the problem solving training course
Many training companies only provide post course support in the form of course notes. Once you’ve attended this course we won’t forget you – we provide you with accesss to our EXCLUSIVE and FREE members’ website to remind you of what you’ve learnt.